The National Council of Negro Women. (NCNW) View Park Section Los Angeles cordially invite you and your organization to join us as a partner to raise awareness, educate, and incorporate fashion into the message of HIV prevention. African American females and Women of Color are clearly disportionately affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic; yet there are few effective HIV prevention interventions that are exclusively tailored to the needs of women. So as a result of the intervention void we challenge you to come and rock your Red as "Girls On Fire" Rock the Runway to educate and entertain as Awareness is Always in Style!
About National "Women's & Girls HIV Awareness Day"
A nationwide initiative to raise awareness of the increasing impact of HIV/AIDS on women & girls and encourages all to take action. Contributions received from the event will support the NCNW Inc. View Park Section 201 Women & Girls Health, Education and Empowerment Programs.
Why observe National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day?
HIV/AIDS is a serious public health ossie for women and girls. In 2011 women and girls made up two-thirds of people who contrcated HIV Through hetereosexual sex. African-American women and girls continue to be disproportionately affected. Their rate of becoming infected with HIV in 2010 was 20 times that of White women and girls.
Attendees: 500 plus guests (mothers, daughters, consumers, business owners, executives, community leaders and elected officials).
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Opportunity to support a worthy cause and to support African American Women Initiative
- Outreach to hundreds of African American Women
- Build relations with African American Women, business and community leaders!
- African American women's buying power exceeds $500 billion annually
- African American women make the majority of the purchasing decisions
- Opportunity to strengthen your market presence and brand your product or service with powerful African American women consumers
All proceeds to benefit NCNW, Inc. Los Angeles View Park women & Girls HIV/AIDS Programs.